We have several satellite phone plans for both Globalstar satellite phones and Iridium satellite phones with pre-paid and post paid airtime options.
|Iridium Postpaid Airtime
$36.95 Monthly service fee
|Cost per minute|
|Calls to fixed or cellular phones||$1.39|
|Voice or data calls to Iridium phones||$0.80|
|Calls to other satellite phones||$9.95|
|Checking voice mail||$0.90|
|Sending SMS messages (cost per message) Up to 180 characters per message||$0.45|
|Free to receive SMS messages
$8.95 Monthly for 1 + access fee
|Receiving calls via Iridium 2 stage dialing and 1 + service||$1.39|
|Activation fee $30.00 (Free with 12 months contract)||$1.39|
1 Plus Access Option
Iridium phones are normally given 12 digit international phone numbers starting with 8816. 1 plus access numbers link a US phone number to the phone. With this option callers will only pay for long distance to the US area code assigned and the user would pay $1.39 per minute to receive the call. Without this option the caller could pay up to $10.00 per minute. The other option is 2 stage dialing.
Two Stage Dialing Option
This option also saves the caller the international charges, but is done by dialing an Iridium gateway first. The caller will dial an Arizona exchange 480-768-2500 and will then get a voice prompt asking them to enter the 12 digit Iridium phone number. This process can take up to a minute so be patient. There is no monthly fee for this option.
Rates do not include any government mandated service fees or taxes. There is a $150.00 early cancellation fee if customer opts for a 1 year service agreement.
|Iridium Prepaid airtime|
|Minutes included||Valid for||Cost||Price per minute|
Evolution Plan ll $39.95 per month for Unlimited airtime to or from US and Canada. Rates outside of US or Canada at bottom of this form.
Or purchase a new GSP-1600 or GSP-1700 and sign up for our:
|Evolution 2012 Rate Plan|
|Voice and data airtime||Unlimited|
|Service fee||$39.99 /mth|
|Bundled voice or dial-up data minutes||Unlimited|
|Roaming in the U.S. & Caribbean||Included|
|• Voice mail & SMS||Included|
|• Express data compression||Included|
|System access fee||Included|
|Potential number of bundled 15-second burst data||N/A|
Note that unlimited airtime is only available for calls in the home area. Calls from the home area to locations outside the home area are subject to a flat rate of $1.49 per minute long distance fee. Calls originating from outside the home area are subject to the following roaming fees.
ROAMING - ZONE 2: $1.39
Calls to the US from:
• Central America • Europe • Iraq • Mexico • Russia
• Brazil • Turkey • Australia (Calls To CANADA from these locations - $1.50)
ROAMING - ZONE 3: $1.99
Calls to the US from:
• Egypt • Argentina • Chile • Paraguay • Colombia
• Uruguay • Venezuela • Guyana • Suriname • French Guiana • Peru • Ecuador • Bolivia • French Antilles
ROAMING - ZONE 4: $2.99
All Calls from outside of USA and Canada to non-USA & Canada destinations
1. Equipment Price: Portables from $499.99. Base stations just $749.00
2. Airtime price: Temporarily just $29.99 per month and 0.99 per minute OR $39.99 per month for unlimited use to US, Canada, the eastern Caribbean and Puerto Rico and has free text messaging.
3. Globalstar uses a conventional 10 digit US phone number.
4. The first next generation satellites were launched in 2010 and 2011. The remaining 6 satellites will be launched in early 2012 with 100% coverage expected by late summer of 2012. Capability of data speeds up to 256K. Lots of new features in next generation phones.
1. Globalstar started to experience premature satellite failures in 2007 and launched 8 emergency satellites in 2008. Currently the system is "up" around 65% of the time, meaning 35% of the time you would have to wait until a functioning satellite is available. Go to www.globalstarusa.com to see satellite availability.
2. Not as much coverage worldwide as Iridium. Little coverage in China and Southern Africa and none at the North or South poles.
1. Satellites are available 98% of the time. Almost no waiting to process a call.
2. Coverage better than Globalstar. Works in most areas of the world.
3. Portables are more expensive than Globalstar, but can work with an included magnetic mount antenna. Globalstar requires a car kit or transportable option for in vehicle use.
4. Prepaid plans are available without a contract.
1. Equipment cost 2-3 times the cost of Globalstar
2. Airtime is $36.99 per month and $1.39 per minute. Iridium uses an international phone number so inbound calls could cost the calling party $10.-12.00 per month without going through a 2 stage dialing process requiring 22 digits. An alternative is to pay $8.95 per month additional for 1 plus dialing giving you a conventional phone number.
3. Iridium's system is over 12 years old and is projected to start failing in 2014. They lost 1 satellite about 6 months ago due to a collision with a Russian satellite. They will need to raise approximately 1 billion in the next few years to replace the system.